Latest News

Dispute Errors On Your Credit Report, PLEASE!

Very important to check your credit report for errors. At annualcreditreport.com you can get a free credit report from Experian, Equifax and TransUnion once every 12 months. If you find errors, the next step is to send by certified mail a written dispute letter to all three of the credit reporting agencies. If the errors are not corrected, you may be entitled to money damages. Contact Pine Street Legal to fight for the justice you deserve. Here is a sample dispute letter provided on the ftc.gov website and the addresses for the credit reporting agencies:

[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[Your City, State, Zip Code]


Complaint Department
[Company Name]
[Street Address]
[City, State, Zip Code]

Dear Sir or Madam:

I am writing to dispute the following information in my file. I have circled the items I dispute on the attached copy of the report I received.

This item [identify item(s) disputed by name of source, such as creditors or tax court, and identify type of item, such as credit account, judgment, etc.]is [inaccurate or incomplete] because [describe what is inaccurate or incomplete and why]. I am requesting that the item be removed [or request another specific change] to correct the information.

Enclosed are copies of [use this sentence if applicable and describe any enclosed documentation, such as payment records and court documents]supporting my position. Please reinvestigate this [these]matter[s] and [delete or correct]the disputed item[s]as soon as possible.

Your name

Enclosures: [List what you are enclosing.]

Equifax Information Services LLC
P.O. Box 740256
Atlanta, GA 30348

P.O. Box 4500
Allen, TX 75013

TransUnion LLC
Consumer Dispute Center
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19016