Experian, Equifax and TransUnion announced they are offering free credit reports to all Americans on a weekly basis in order to monitor your financial health during hardships from Covid-19. The free credit reports will be available at AnnualCreditReport.com through April, 2021.
Monitoring your credit report is even more important during uncertain economic times since fraudsters like to take advantage of these situations.
You should keep an eye out for common credit report errors and signs of fraud when checking your credit report, such as:
- New accounts that you didn’t open
- Identity errors (wrong name, phone number or address)
- Incorrect reporting of account status (late payments when you’ve paid on time, closed accounts reported as open or being listed as the owner of an account when you’re just an authorized user)
- Data management errors (reinsertion of incorrect information after it was corrected)
- Balance errors (incorrect current balance or credit limit)
If you notice any errors, dispute them as soon as possible. Pine Street Legal can assist you during the dispute process and in the event that the errors are not corrected. Contact Pine Street Legal: (215) 345 9214, email@example.com.